2.06.2008

Polish News and Reviews

I had to get my Essie polishes this weekend - the urge for fresh colors was killing me!!
I love the mini-packs that come out with each collection - such a great way to try multiple colors. The pack has 3 of the shades I wanted - Secret Affair, Hi Maintenance, and Hard to Get. The 4th shade included is Lots of Love - the completely crap-tastic lavender that is really streaky and a bit too cool, giving a bit of that "death" color. Into the trash it goes. I also bought Great Expectations in the full size bottle.

I swatched them all - Lots of Love - see above, Hard to Get is a more sophisticated and warmed up Barbie/Bubblegum pink and Secret Affair has a really pretty sheen.

I did all then later on with Great Expectations. The color is such a great new shade - very different from whats out there and extremely chic! I also used Hi Maintenance and I LOVE it! It is one of the prettiest pale pinks and it adds the perfect touch of elegance. I love the name being a hi maintenance gal, but the color is totally lo maintenance - so great!

Being that my nails are in the best state right now, and I also am not the greatest at getting a good application, my nails are bare right now. I want to paint my nails again tonight with Hi Maintenance, using only one coat and no base or top. I think it could be a very simple, easy, and easier to maintain way to achieve a polished look when I don't have time to get or give myself a mani.

While at Ulta, I also got to see the Orly collection - Meringue and Cupcake both stood out to me, they looked like a great creamy white and pink, respectively. I'll wait until I try out all the other polishes on my list before trying these.



An update on the Zoya collection: There are actually two spring collections. The second one is called Purity French Collection. I actually like this one better than Blissful and there are three colors I would like to try: Rose (soft metallic sheer nude), Loretta (pretty super sheer pink), and Sabrina (soft sheer pink). The other three are Purity (french tip white), Jane (natural sheer nude), and Sari (gorgeous semi-sheer pink).

OPI India is now available and the Little Jewels mini collection has my name all over it. It has two of the shades I am into - Black Cheery Chutney and Indi-a Mood for Love, plus Lunch at the Delhi - a coral shade, which I never would have picked for myself but I think will be cool to try, and RapiDry Top Coat.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...