2.11.2008

Sweet Escape

There are a few service businesses that I really want to find. One -a restaurant that is appropriate for anything from an easy dinner, to a romantic evening, to an important celebration. I also need to find a tailor that can I can count on to do all my basic alterations as well as more in-depth changes. And I've been dying to find a local day spa where I can take care of basic nail maintenance and indulge in massages, facials, and interesting treatments.

This weekend I found my spa! I noticed their sign soon after moving to the area last year, but it is in a shopping center that needs a face-lift and the signage just says "skin/nails" - so even though it would always come to mind, I never ventured to try them out. Then my stylist/colorist said that they send the salon's clients there all the time. So I started to think about it even more, and Saturday I decided I was going to finally check it out and have a manicure. Why hadn't I gone sooner?!?!?

The unappealing storefront makes for a very private environment. The spa is small, but well thought out. A short wall keeps clients hidden when someone walks in the door - the front desk right ahead of you. the main room has two manicure stations and a banquette. Two pedicure chairs are tucked behind another half wall. The private rooms are off of the main room, which works for this boutique spa. There was another hallway to the other side of the entrance (i didn't get to check that out).

While the larger, more well-known day spas have their benefits, the one time I went to Red Door, I was a bit disturbed by how impersonal it felt, and the shared locker room gets creepy when there are more than two women in there. The worst are the "serenity rooms". I know they are supposed to be relaxing, but I get stressed waiting for my person to come get me - and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So, In addition to loving the atmosphere - the prices are great. My manicure, which included a paraffin treatment was $22. A full day (4 hours) of a premier facial, deep tissue massage, spa pedicure, hydrating manicure, and spa lunch and gift - for only $250!!

And the best part is how wonderful the staff is. My manicurist wrapped my neck with one of those warm pillow things, brought me a goblet of water, and actually paid attention when grooming my cuticles(rather than blindly cutting them all off). The manager was super sweet, we chatted a bit and she sent me home with a bag of samples.

I'm looking forward to going back soon and trying out their full menu.

www.belladonnaspa.net

3 comments:

mavanyo said...

Have you ever had a brazilian at that spa? I'm looking to get one for my vacation next Friday (I've never had one and I am terrified).

natural cosmetics said...

It's feels really good to do a spa and the skin and hair gets it's due care too.

Afterglow Cosmetics said...

Nothing like well maintained nails that are finished with good polish.It speaks so much about the personality carrying it.The colors are somber and nice.
organic cosmetic brushes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...