2.02.2008

Nail Varnish 360

When I started this blog 1 1/2 years ago, I was on the tale end of my quest to find the perfect polish. I was working my way through all of Essie's pale colors to find The One. I couldn't settle on just one - but Limo-Scene and It's in The Bag were at the top of my list, along with the classics - Ballet Slippers and Mademoiselle. Shortly after that Black Satin hit the scene and started a frenzy. But I declared that I would not follow the trends, and I was sticking with my white-pinks.

Sometime around Feb/March 2007 I lost a bit of my bravado and became very intrigued by the vampy nail. And then Essie made me cave. The Fall 2007 Glamour Girl Collection came out and i fell in LOVE with Material Girl. And I loved the look! So I went and got both OPI Lincoln Parks and a few other darks so I could experiment.

Of course now that I have fully embraced the dark colors - Spring is all about my first love - the super-pales - AHHH!

After my initial WTF!?!?! I am getting really excited for all the new colors I want to try. And now I'm up for trying brands other than Essie.

The List:
Essie In The Mood...

I want Hi Maintenance, Hard to Get, Great Expectations, and Secret Affair.
Not so into Body Language and Looking for Love.
I'll be buying and trying as soon as I can get my hands on them. Until then, enjoy the fabulous review by All Lacquered Up.




Zoya Sheer Bliss
My fav is Laurie - Sheer Pink
I love how all of their polishes are girl names (I'll have to get Heather at some point) My stepmom is Laurie, and this is the perfect color for her. I'll have to buy two bottles.
**Just a thought - at $6 each, getting someone a gift of their name's color would make a great inexpensive and thoughtful gift**
The other colors are Miley, LuLu, Felicity, Zanna, and Penelope.

Orly Sugar Coated
Rock Candy
Meringue
Taffy
Cupcake
Petit Four
Bon Bon
I need to see the colors in person before picking my favs



Finally, OPI India has a full range of colors, so I'll be getting some deeper hues from this one
Of the 12 colors, I want to try Elephantastic Pink (Bubblegum), Get Me to the Taj On Time (Sheer Pink), I'm Indi-a Mood For Love (hot pink), Black Cherry Chutney (the vamps will be back after the summer and I want this one for then)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...