1.20.2007

Beauty Icon

Yesterday was Raquel at MAC day for me.

I went knowing that unless the colors turned out to be horrifying, I would walk away with screenqueen and bodymind. But I also wanted to get a full makeover to see what the rest of the collection was like. I don't know if the girl who helped me, was tired, dejected or what, but I barely got a make-over, just a try on of the two lippies I asked for, plus a smattering of eye shadow that I was unimpressed with, more the application than the colors.

But being that I know my colors, I walked away with the above mentioned. And let me tell you, these are fab!! They are very similar to each other, screenqueen, a stick, is a pale pink with lustre in it, perfect for the pale lip look. BodyMind, center lipglass, is a smidge darker with flecks of gold for that perfect pink mouth, and together they are amazing. I am totally loving these two!!



I also needed a new lash primer **girls replace your mascara every three months**, and I got the 169 brush, a contour blush brush, limited edition with tiger striped bristles, not handle, like I thought.

Reality Check: I have 33 lippies, plus a dozen more from the cute lip heart shaped tower-o-gloss my lil bro got me for Christmas, and counting. That's right, even though I did a major throw-out after completing my Rock-the-Gloss, I have bought back as many as I tossed, and I have my eye on so many more.

Cool news in my personal life: My office move is this weekend. Monday morning I will be in the Golden Triangle are of DC, which is so much cooler than where I was. Better everything, especially restaurants. The only downer - no more MAC counter downstairs:(
But the real big news, I got my learner's permit. Yes, that is right this 22-going on 23-year-old does not drive. Had a permit back in HS, but due to major anxiety I never got my license and the permit expired on my 21st. So for almost 2 years, I have been without, but now I can start driving again, and hopefully within a few months, I will finally go through the right of passage that should have happened 5 years ago, my drivers’ license!!!!

5 comments:

yummy411 said...

yay! couldn't bare to go to the counter since this wasn't makeup allowance time.

congrats on getting your permit back. i was 20 when i got my license i think, due to anxiety. i didn't realize how common it was.

Heather Henderson said...

thanks!! there aren't a lot of us, but we do exist. My aunt didn't get hers until 22, a friend at 23, and another one of my aunts has never gotten her license. Hopefully, this will be my year.

RVAfashionista said...

Well, everyone I knew in high school got their license at 16 but I had driver's ed anxiety (plus a lackthereof of vehicles) and didn't officially get my license until I was almost 19.

I still haven't really looked at the Icon collection yet though I passed by the counter briefly.

Kiks said...

You can never have too many glosses! I'd have an entire wall covered with lipglosses if it was possible! (Problem is that I don't like shimmery glosses. And there are not too many yummy, non-shiny glosses.)

On another note, who needs a drivers license and a car when you're living in a city where the public transportation is great?

Anonymous said...

I thought the colors were great as well but I love the 223 brush the most out of this collection, it's great.

Would you do me a favor and upload the lipgloss image in this post to your own server? My bandwidth usage is really high so I would really appreciate this. You're currently displaying the image from product-girl.com.

Oh, and don't sweat the license. I was around the same age when I got my license. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...