1.01.2007

Some TestTube and MAC Reviews

I found the Yu-Be sample to be way too heavy for my face. It had an ointment-like consistency and a menthol scent. Even though I won't use this on my face, it works great on my dry cuticles and feet.

Lancome Secret de Vie: This is one seriously expensive cream, it goes for $225 a jar!! the texture and weight of the product are perfect for night-time winter use, but the scent is very perfumey and old lady. Having the sample is great, but I would never spend money on it.

The New MAC Collections

Having been a dancer for 16 years, I was very excited to hear about the Danse collection, but like Yummy411 said, it is sooooo dissapointing!! There isn't anything that I want.

However, MAC has teamed up with Raquel Welch for their Beauty Icon Collection, and the colors and packaging are something to get excited over. The collection isn't on the web yet, but you can see it on page 123 of January's Allure (Naomi Watts on the cover). Allure is showing two eyeshadows - Primal, a deep brown color and Amazon, a vibrant gold highliter. Lipstick in screenqueen which promises a very sexy very pale mouth. Blush is Goddess, a punchy apricot, which is more wearable than it looks. Beauty Powder in Peaceful. I think this color is meant to be universal and to be used in the I need to go powder my nose sense, how very 60s glam. And lastly three new lipglasses - Raquel, Body Mind, and Vital Spark, a deep peach, a golden pink, and deep gold. All of the packaging is black and tiger print, how very Raquel! I can't wait to try screenqueen and Body Mind (which I think is the golden pink) in person.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...