8.12.2007

I Had to Have It


Oh yes, I got my bottle of Covet.

Over the summer, I happily discovered that I love the smell of magnolia. So when I saw in the August Allure that SJP's new perfume had notes of magnolia and musk (another fav), I couldn't wait to take a whiff.

I'm not big of celebrity perfume lines, but I adore SJP, and I feel that her celebrity-endorsed lines are more about her being a style icon than just a name (ahem britney spears - I would never buy anything with your name on it, you swamp trash which I despise)

Any who, I got a sample last weekend at Ulta and I knew this would be my new addition to the perfume line-up: players include: the MVP Thierry Mugler Angel, the pinch hitter Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, and last years rookie Vera Wang Princess, plus other body sprays.

While I love my shower gel and body lotions to smell like something I whipped up in the kitchen, BBW Pecan Pie and Cinnamon Bun Heaven and VS Slice of Heaven for example, I really like my perfumes to be deep, sexy, sultry scents. I don't want someone to say I smell nice. I want to smell intriguing, incredible, so, so igood, but not nice, never nice. (This excludes the summer - I take a three month hiatus and do nice clean scents)

Covet is exactly what I like. Miss Parker even describes the scent as being more aggressive and bolder than her first scent, Lovely - which fell into that nice category.
I'm thrilled she did some more dangerous, more glam, for all us girls who love wearing head to toe black, kohl-rimmed eyes, and sexy rumpled hair. Which is why...

The Ad Campaign is the way it is. I heard a lot of bashing on the print ads and commercial, but please take a step back with me. Let's remember that Parker is an ACTRESS. She is not herself in these ads, she is playing an obsessed French Fashionista. Note that the girl I described above is either french, a francophile or europhile, or a New Yorker. This is not a perfume for everyone, and the ads are geared towards the women who will wear this scent. I think the ads are genius. She breaks through the glass to get to the bottle with her Loubs for crissakes. And the contrast of her in the pristine white ball down in a jail cell with a bunch of dirty, grubby women is fantastic. So please stop judging the commercial on a superficial level and calling it deranged, because if it were a movie trailer, we would all be lining up to see it opening night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...