8.02.2007

Ch-Ch-Changes

Sorry I haven't posted in so long!! Hubbie and I took a long weekend to visit his family. Got back to work and I have been swamped!! I'm still not done catching up, but I had to carve out a few minutes to post.

It seems that every season there is one object that just sets my tone of style. Last fall, it was all about purple. This spring/summer my pink "Palm Beach Princess" shoes led me down a very Lilly & Preppy path.

This season is bringing about some major changes in my style. I adore black clothing for the colder months. I think a black monochromatic look is so chic, especially for the office. But when it comes to my lips and nails, I have been a die-hard the paler the better kind of gal.

But the winds have changed, and I think maybe I am maturing a little too.

My defining moment product was seeing Essie's new Material Girl on AllLacqueredUp. I have been intrigued by the whole dark polish trend. I even bought a bottle of black polish, but it felt too harsh. Then I saw this blackest purple color and I knew I had found what I needed. Plus the name is just too spot on for me to pass. The color isn't out for another month, but I can't wait for September to begin my transformation into some serious vampy glamour, meow!!

A week after having my moment with that polish, I found a lipstick in Allure that looks like the perfect compliment. Even more weary than I am about dark nail polish, I have been adament on the whole red lips deal. Lancome's Jezebel is a black cherry like color, and I think this is the year when I will feel confident wearing such a bold color. Two of their lipsticks have this color, one looks more red, the other more purple. I will have to try on both before I decide which one suites me.

So, Rain Rain come my way, take away this Heat today. Because I can't wait for Fall!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I haven't seen you in forever! We will need to get together this fall so I can see you new look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...