8.04.2007

Ready, Set, FALL!!

I cannot WAIT for the weather to start dropping so that I begin sporting my new fall look.

Friday, I went into Pure Beauty and got my coveted bottle of Material Girl. It isn't the blackest purple I was expecting, it's more of a purple-tinged deep wine color. Still totally gorgeous. In my new love for deep nail colors, I'm heading over to Ulta tomorrow to pick up the dark delights mini 4-pack. The set includes Lincoln Park After Dark, Lincoln Park After Midnight, Espresso Your Style, and Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ. I have been an Essie devotee because she does whites and pinks like no ones business. But when it comes to the darks, I know that I need to check out OPI.

I also went a bit bizerk at Nordies. I got my Jezabel from Lancome. The colors are actually the same even though the site made them look different, and they are the red color. It's such a shock to see my self with red lips, but I am really liking it. I also got the lipliner in Enchantment from the Fall collection. It's great because it has a brush on the other end.

My gift with purchase is fab too. My favorite is Beach Plum Juicy Tube. I can get my dark fix with the easy application of a gloss. It also has Amande Sucree Lipstick, a really pretty deep bronze, Definicils Pro Mascara, Bi-Facil, Star Bronzer (super pretty), and eyeshadow quad with filigree, impress, best dressed and faux pas.

I also went to MAC to finally pick up my Novel Twist purchase. I went for my Rushmetal Pigment as well. I was going to get CocoMotion, but when I tried it on my lips it looked like poop. I ended up getting Gold Mine instead, and got the clear lipglass refill so that I could make a gloss with the pigment. Right now it is a really pretty sheer golden color. I might see how it looks with more pigment added to it. It's really cool how easy it is to make a lipgloss with pigment, and it turns out awesome. If you have one you really like, try this!!

Even though I am loving this whole dark lip thing, I'm still addicted to pale pinks, and I got Lightswitch from the 3D collection. This is the kind of pink I dream of. Shimmery without visible flecks, pigmented but still sheer. The perfect light pink to make my lips look full and sexy. This is going to look amazing with a seriously dark eye. I can't wait to do this look tomorrow.

My last Nordies counter was Chanel. Tulipe Noire is supposedly the Black Satin of this season, so I had to see it. Unfortunately they didn't have any. I saw a picture of it when I got home, and since it has shimmer in it, I know I won't like it. I did try on Lotus Rouge, which is a beautiful red, but it wasn't special enough for me to pay $19 for it.

If you remember, a few months ago I said I was going to use up the skin care products I had and then only buy L'Occitane and Caudalie. Today was my first full-size purchase: L'Occitane Shea Ultra Rich Eye Cream. I love how gentle and moisturizing this product is. I don't need to spend the $$$ yet on anti-aging creams, but this one should keep my skin nice and supple, and thus keep the wrinkles at bay.

I'm also gearing up for my fall wardrobe, I've pick out some pieces from Banana and ripped out all the things I want from the J.Crew catalog. 70 degrees, I'm waiting for you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First time reading your blog today, and I actually tried out Essie's Material Girl on Sunday night. BIG disappointment -- I love the nude and pink shades from the brand, but the polish was too sheer and not as dark and dramatic as it looked in the bottle (and the brush felt dinkier than usual). Sticking with my Lincoln Park After Dark!

Heather Henderson said...

Thanks for sticking around. I hope you keep on coming back. I got both Lincolns this week. I'm not sure which is which since I got the mini 4-pack. But I really like the one with a hint of shimmer. I am praying for Sept 1 so I begin all my good fall looks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...