12.01.2007

Ojon Lady is a Hairetic

This morning I used the Ojon Shine and Protect S&C.

The shampoo had a good lather and there was nothing that struck me as bad about it. I tried to use a half-dollar size of the conditioner, but it didn't seem to be enough for my hair. After I rinsed it out, I felt that my was a bit rubbery.

Out of the shower, it was fairly easy to comb through my wet hair and get out any tangles. I blow-dried it using my usual products and I was pleased with how it turned out.
The top half of my hair will show the results of all these products, but the bottom half, having been permed 2 years ago, is in quite a state, and it always requires a little bit extra.
With that, all of my hair felt really soft, and the top was looking pretty good. The bottom was it's usual self, so I added the Leave-in glossing cream that came with the set. My hair wasn't transformed, but it was ready for a day at the mall.

And so, while walking through Sephora to get to the Caudalie section (i bought new face wash) I stopped to look at the phyto products to see if there were any mini sizes. Well, who happened to be next to be but a rep from Ojon. She starts her pitch and I pipe in that I already have stuff. She then showed me the Leave-in cream and I told her that it was actually in my hair right now. Well she was offering some for my fly-aways. It's really bad when a sales person offers you a product to fix what that same product didn't do the first time around. So she asks me what else I use, and then follows up by telling me she uses both Shine & Protect and another S&C set they have. >Now every magazine, stylists, etc. advises everyone to shampoo as little as possible. Shampoo strips your hair of its natural oils and of any color added to it. < Well she tells me that like her, I should wash with the shine and protect, wash a second time with the other one, and then condition. WTF, wash my hair twice in a day? This lady was old and I am sure she grew up in the time of lather, rinse, repeat, and thought that smoking was good for you. She obviously never got the memo on hair, what else is she doing like it's 1955?

Unfortunately, the fact that Ojon is letting this woman represent them has put a sour taste in my mouth. I've already decided that this combo won't be the winner, it just didn't do anything to wow me. And when a rep (no matter how stupid) offers the same product you're already using, that speaks volumes.

Next Up: Ojon Shine and Protect Shampoo with Korres Silk Milk Conditioner.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...