2.25.2007

My Essie Challenge is Complete


Thats right, after testing out every polish I own today, I have finally pared my collection down to the five shades that work best for me.

Minimalistic - white with a hint of lavender
Limo-Scene - white with a hint of pink
Marshmallow - creamy white
Ballet Slippers - pale pink
Princess pink - Medium pink with a hint of blue iridescence

It feels so good to have my five colors. Maybe one day I will have it dow to just one signature color, but that will still be a while.

Also, essie does a new collection of 6 colors four times a year, so I will always be out trying new colors.

From the spring mod theme lined, there are four colors I want to try: Pinkadelic, Guchi Muchi Puchi, Mini How High, and Jacki Oh My. I actually already have Jackie and Mini mini bottles that I swapped for on make up alley. I tested them each on one nail, I really like Jackie Oh My, a white pearl, but I think Mini How High might be a little too dull.

2 comments:

Park Avenue Princess said...

Marshmallow is a great color.. my signature essie color(s) is actually a combination that my manicurist came up with - Fiji on the bottom, with a top coat of Angel Food. I have long nails (not ridiculously long, but long) so I don't like sheer polish. The dark color I like is OPI's "All Laquered Up".. I'm looking for another one - do you have a favorite dark color? a dark red/brown is the only color I can wear without looking weird..

Heather Henderson said...

I have to say I am a slave to the white polish, so much so that I didn't even try out the whole black polish trend in the fall, even though I adore the whole rock/punk image.

However, Wicked is a favorite of Essie Weingarten herself, so you might want to give that one a try. Also, why not go with the original cult classic, Chanel Vamp?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...