2.27.2007

The Long Journey Home

A trip to Macy's used to mean going down the elevator, walking out my building, and taking 50 steps down the street. I literally sat on top of the handbag department. Now that our offices have moved, a trip to Macy's involves a metro ride.

I met up with K for a quick trip to the Lancome counter, so I could pick up my Sweet Caprice. But they were SOLD OUT!!! Horror of horrors. What a waste. I got on lancome's site as soon as I got back to the office to order one. So me and K trolled around the shoe department oohing and aahing, and then I fell in love.

Let's take a step back in history. Summer 2000, I was sixteen, and working at a Beach Club in Atlantic Beach, Long Island. Glamour, or was it Cosmo? had done a clothing/beauty spread on looks for summer, and I fell in love with the Palm Beach Princess. For the rest of the summer, I followed their suggestion and wore pink and purple shadow and three coats of black mascara. Also, due to a comment an older boy I was dating made, I also compulsively shaved my legs and pits every single day. My mom couldn't believe how much shaving cream she was buying.

Since, then I have always had a soft spot for the aforementioned PBP look. Two summers ago, I adored Lilly Pulitzer clothing, but couldn't afford anything, and took to buying imitations. Then these shoes walked into my life, and I know this is going to be another Palm Beach Summer for me. And this time, I can afford the Lilly, (and I'm also going to scour ebay)


AK Anne Klein Shoes available at zappos

2 comments:

HowNotToDate said...

I LOVE those. Too bad I just bought the AK leopard skin sling backs today...

Park Avenue Princess said...

Those shoes are adorable! Btw one of my best friends belonged to a club on Atlantic Beach, I've been there many times! lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...