9.15.2006

Filigree for Fall

This week has turned about to be quite an exciting week for new cosmetics: both to me and to the market.

Shu Uemura has come out with a beautiful filigree collection including 5 powder eyeshadows, 2 sets of three cream eyeshadow sticks and 2 blushes. All of the powders have a beautiful filigree pattern. My favorite is the Filigree Rouge 4 Beige Gold. FYI check out the events link to find out when you can meet with a make-up artist in your area to get a personal preview of these glorious new products.

I also got 5 new products this week. Three of them came from great swaps on make-up alley. Last Holiday Season InStyle Magazine featured the Shu Uemura Geisha Lip Trio of sweet glosses. I thought they were absolutely gorgeous, but never sought them out. However, I stumbled upon one of them Pink Shell, and made a swap for it all the way from Singapore!! It has a wonderful creamsicle flavor and it is a very pretty pale shimmery pink. I also got a set of 5 lip glosses from Sephora, I haven't tried them yet, but the colors are gold, silver, pink, coral, and berry. My third MUA treat was a clinique GWP eyeshadow quad. The colors are absolutely gorges, they are: Starstruck, Golden Lynx, Sugar Sugar and Like Mink.

On Tuesday I went to the now Macy's (former Hechts) and hopped on over to the M.A.C. counter. I went straight to the lipglass display to check out Underage and Oyster Girl. The sales girl also showed me a bunch of other lip products, but I stuck to my guns and got the Underage. I love this color, it is a great pink/nude with tons of shimmer.


Today, J, S, and I took a stroll through Macy's during our lunch and were called over by the Benefit Girls. When my makeup artist asked me what I was looking for, I said "Whatever, I'm a make-up junkie" She first showed me Dr. Feelgood, which acts as a blotter/mattifier. Next up was You're Bluffing, this yellow stick counter acts redness. She followed up with Get Even, a really great pressed powder. I know I am getting to the end of my current powder, and this one is going onto the list of what I might get to replace it. She then used Dallas, a bronzer/blush/all over powder. I think that benefit is internally pushing this product. Since each girl used it on all of us. I even told my girl that I would like to try Dandelion, but she whipped out Dallas anyway. Yea, def some kind of contest going on there. Then we moved onto my dark under eye circles. We used a combo of boi-ing, ooh la lift, and eye bright, but I didn't feel like any of the products worked any better than plain old concealer. In the end, I was really impressed with the You're Bluffing, and made that my final beauty purchase of the work week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...