9.14.2006

Nail Revelation

Today I had a lunch date with J & S for a triple manicure. We went back to Natural Nails, and my second go-around confirmed what I have been thinking for a few weeks now: the pricier salons are worth it. Again, my manicurist, Nicole, rushed through everything, and I think in 10 minutes she had me under the dryer. I do go for the polish, but I also enjoy the experience, ambiance, and pampering, and I am not getting it at the cheapy nail salons. If you think about it a 12 min mani at $12 costs a dollar a minute. A 40 min mani at $25 cost roughly 60 cents an hour, so its more economical to get the better mani. I say you should always go for quality, it is worth it in the long run. This conclusion has led me to make a pretty bold move; I booked a weekly mani at Celadon, for the next 6 weeks, ladies, I am all set :)

For this weeks polish, I used Essie Delicacy. It is very pretty, but it is way to close to my skin color, and my nails are just blending into my fingers. I like light colors, but I still want them to stand out. So...up on makeupalley it goes!

I also wanted the share the fabulous book I just read:
The Booster by Jennifer Solow
The main character has an extra circular activity and she is quite the bad girl. Just reading this book made me feel as naughty as Jillian. I was completely pulled into the world of this book and it was absolutely incredible. If you are reading this, I command you to read this book too!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...