11.15.2006

Lotsa Lip & Behnaz

Rock the Gloss:
Sunday: Clinique Superbalm in Raspberry Tint
Monday: MAC Lipglass in Fine China (part of the dress set)
Tuesday: Laura Mercier Lipglace in Petal
Today: MAC Lustreglass in Pinkarat (also part of my set)

Yesterday D and I were poking around the MAC counter (again). She tried on Enchantress which looked amazing on her, this beautiful sheer pinky peach which was the perfect complement to the smoky eyes she had done with the Smoky Eyes holiday shadows, however she wanted to wait to get it. The wait lasted all of 30 min. All through lunch we both couldn't get over how great this color was. While she was purchasing it, I tried it on , so disappointed!, on me it turned into this nasty orange color, it was sad, I had high hopes for it.

Target was my stop today, so I could check out the Behnaz Sarafpour collection. The stock was pitiful, they didn't have my size in the two skirts I wanted, and they hadn't gotten in the entire collection yet. I was able to get the ivory cardigan with black lace overlay and the lace headband. I also got a Velvet Mossimo blazer, a Mossimo wrap cardigan (something I have been looking for), and a cute tan zip hoodie with a fleur de lis embroidered on it (I'm such a francophile).

I try to give my self a theme for each season to shop around. I find it makes my shopping more focused and I end up with a wardrobe that coordinates and I can get dressed easier in the morning. Since August I have been going with purple. But the season is changing, and with some inspiration from my mags, my theme is now Velvet & Lace, two hot materials for the holiday season.

Last, but most definitely not least, I picked up Sally Hansen's Invisible Liner. I'm hoping this will help my gloss stay on longer. I am wearing it right now and I will post my review once I get to see how it works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought a black velvet coat...I'm a little concerned as to how it's going to look in reality since I bought it online, but we'll see..

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try the invisible liner, but i was never really convinced. Looking forward to your review of it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...