11.01.2006

Rock the Gloss and other musings

Today I have begun my own personal Rock the Gloss challenge. From what I have read on other people's blogs, you have to use a different lipgloss everyday for a month. Of course when I do it, I get to do it my way. So last night I gathered and counted all my glosses, and I have 28, a perfect four weeks. Granted I don't acquire any more during the month.

So today's color is Mark Glow Baby Glow in Honey. As a mark rep. I believe i got this one for free. It's darker and heavier than I normally wear. I might even end up using this challenge as a way to assess all my colors and get rid of those that aren't flattering. To be honest, I was bummed when I pulled this one out of my bag, not really an exciting color to start the month with, but oh well.

As for the aquisition of new glosses, I have been thinking deeply about my purchases from gloss.com for the beauty week event mentioned yesterday. Here is the problem, I certaintly don't need any more make-up, and there isn't anything out right now that I am obsessing over (like my bobbi brown shadows or dior detective chic). So it would purely be a frivolous purchase solely based on the clever marketing techniques employed by gloss. Of course as a marketing major, and I can see right through all of their schemes to lure me in; they still work on me, but at least I know why I feel the urge to splurge. So the question remains: do I really need to drop $75 on something I only want because it is being dangled in front of my face, or do I save it and get one of the many other things I need and want?

Third oob: Most of the time I talk about make-up, today I want to discuss fashion. Stockings: a point of contention for most women. There are two things that can come from these small garments. Scenario one: Your stockings are itchy, are easily prone to holes, by 9am you have already noticed one starting, and generally make you uncomfortabel all day. Scenario two: they feel silky smooth, and im part a feeling of glamour all day long. Mmm, want to know what today is? Scenario one! So moral of the story Hue brand stockings suck, this is my third pair that I have been disgruntled with and will cease to purchase them. I advise you to do the same. I will now faithfully purchase stockings only from Victorias Secret, which lead me to scenario two. A note on Hue, while there stockings suck, I have been enjoying their tights and will most likely continue to explore the many colors and textures available.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lipgloss for each day? Eeep! I have some catching up to do!!! Although, if it were a new shade red lipstick for each day of the month - I'd be in business ;)

Heather Henderson said...

kudos to you!! I have a very hard time pulling off red lips. But eventually Chanel Spark and Victorias Secret Hottie will pop up and we will just have to see how I do ;)

Anonymous said...

i found the beginning of rock the gloss~ yippee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...