7.23.2007

I Open at the Close



My weekend was an all-consuming Harry Potter Mega-Fest.

11:00pm Friday Night - Arrive at Borders, can't believe it really is this packed.
Get in line to get my number for buying the book - I am 661.

11:10pm Friday Night - Continue making my way to the back of the store, trying to find the end of the coffee line.

11:15pm Friday Night - Get in line for coffee; chit chat with the girls behind me.

11:55pm Friday Night - Girls offer me their extra number - 144, which is 500 people ahead of me. I glady accept.

12:15am Saturday Morning - Arrive at the coffee counter, order a Cocoa Trio. Realize that they are serving Butterbeer. Yell for barista and ask, oh so sweetly, if he would mind making me a Butterbeer instead. This causes mass confusion, but I do get my butter beer.

12:20am Saturday Morning - get into the third line of the night. This time it's to actually buy my book.

12:30am Saturday Morning - I am the proud owner of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

1:00am Saturday Morning - Get into bed and begin reading.

2:00am Saturday Morning - Time for Bed.

11:00am Saturday Morning - Wake up. Make Coffee.

11:15am Saturday Morning - Read.

12:15pm Saturday Afternoon - Get ready for beautification appointments.

1:15pm Saturday Afternoon - I have my highlighting appointments. I read while my color is developing - it's rude to read while she is standing there doing my hair.

3:15pm Saturday Afternoon - Time for mani/pedi. Read while I am having my pedicure.

4:15pm Saturday Afternoon - have dinner.

5:30pm Saturday Evening - begin reading again. Continue reading

5:00am Sunday Morning - Finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!! WooHoo. Thanks JK, you gave me all the endings I wished for, I love this book, I love this story, I love you. Take some time off, you deserve it, but please don't let this be the last book you write about this wizarding world.

5:05am Sunday Morning - Fall asleep, dream about HP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I finished mine yesterday. It was a really good book and hard to put down!

Katy said...

That was an amazing book!
I think I finished mine Mondayish, all the days kind of swirled together while I was reading it!

The only thing I didn't like was Harry and Ginny together! They just don't seem right to me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...