7.08.2007

Lovely Sunday


As far as Sunday's go, this was a pretty good one. I was able to get in pretty much everything I needed to do.

Got up about 9:30 and had an hour to check email/blogs before my hubby got up. Then I went to the gym (holy crap, the equipment at my apt. complex SUCKS compared to the gym at work) and got in an hours worth of cardio.

Followed up by getting ready.

Our first stop was Bed Beth and Beyond for me and Barnes and Noble for him. I decided it was finally time I got a coffee pot. I got the Hamilton Brew Stay or Go; it has a thermal carafe and two to go mugs which you can brew directly into. Yeay, i can finally make my own coffee on the weekends!! I also got a garbage pail for his bathroom, a paper towel dispenser, a brush to clean out my coffee grinder, and ocean linen spray.

Picked up my dry-cleaning and went for my mani/pedi. I always get the spa treatment for both. I think the standard is a total waste. They give you a quick run with the pumice, file and remove cuticles, do a quickie massage and polish. With the spa, i get two different scrubs, a mask with hot towels, and a much lengthier massage. So worth the extra $15. Well, sitting next to me was a young girl, probably having her first pedicure. The girls at this place are always trying to up sell you, asking if you want to upgrade to spa or need additional services. The young girls pedicurist asked if she wanted a spa pedi, and them nodded to me to show her what she would get. She said yes, not realizing what she was agreeing to. Once I sat in the chair for my mani, the mother came over and started freaking out. She was all "She didn't know what you were asking her, she doesn't have the money to pay for this" and the girl is just sitting there like a deer in headlights; poor thing. I'm happy that she made that mistake, she got to a experience what a decent pedicure is like. She also looked to be at that age where she needs to realize that she must put time and effort into her appearance. I feel awful for girls with no beauty role model, and hopefully I helped to give her a step down the right path. Unfortunately, she did not demure on the razor, as I always do. Those things are icky, illegal in New York, and should always be refused.

I then stopped into Sally to get that Curl Relaxer the girl at Ulta told me about. So super cheap, only $5.99. I read the instructions when I got home, and there is no way I can do this to myself. Kira, want to come over next weekend and play with my hair??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...