7.07.2007

Smooth It Out

Yesterday, while my husband was looking for video games in Best Buy, I went over to Ulta for some hair products and nail polish. I love that those two stores are right next to each other, its perfect.

I wanted to see the new Essie collection in person. I'm especially interested in Atlantis Pearl, I just need to see its shimmer content. For my nails, a little is nice, but any more is garish. Well they had all the colors but that one. They only had it in the mini 4-pack. But I couldn't test the shimmer and I don't want the other three colors. So, next time.

I also wanted to try a new styling product to get that beachy, sexy, celebrity hair. Do they seriously hot roll it everyday and then use texturing products, or is there something I am missing??

I found a very knowledgeable sales girl, turns out she is actually a stylist. We discussed my hair ideal, and I was so misled. I told her about my body wave that is now 1 1/2 years old, that now my hair is half straight have curly, I want the above mentioned style, my curls are too tight to be waves, what styling products will help.

She told me that no styling product can do what I want unless I chemically alter my hair. GASP!!! Then she told me that there is this very light product that they sell at Sally's called Frizz remover. It won't get rid of my curl, it will just loosen it. Perfect. So today, when I run around the shopping center for all my errands, I will pop in Sally and buy that stuff. She also suggested using more smoothing products, and to STOP using the curling stuff. Those products are doing the opposite of what I am trying to achieve. The only thing I ended up purchasing L'Oreal Texture Smoothing Fluidity Shampoo and Conditioner. We will see if all this turns my hair into gold. And if not, at least my highlighting appt. on the 20th will!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...