4.18.2007

California Dreamin'

on such a rainy day

Sorry it's been so long. I went away this weekend for my cousin's bar mitzvah and it was my birthday too!! Yeay, I'm 23 now!!!

Anywho, stepmamma and me decided to go spray tanning on saturday night so we would be nice and bronze for the party. She has been a few times before, so I got instructions from both her and the girl at the salon on what to do. Basically, you need to cover your cuticles with barrier cream, as well as a light layer inbetween your fingers and toes and on the tops and bottoms on your hands and feet. You also put up your hair in a shower cap, but leave your hairline exposed.

Then it's into the towers you go. We used the California Tan system, one tower sprays you, the other drys you. First you stand facing the spray tower for your front shot of color. The machine counts down from 5, and then it starts. So at 5 I started holding my breath in preperation. Then I heard some hissing, and was about to take a breath, when the real spray came out and I was hit with a freezing blast of tanner, all while I'm sputtering to keep holding my breath. Then you turn around and do it all again. So COLD!!! After the tanning is complete, you use the fan in the other tower to dry off. The fan was so light, I could barely feel it drying me. I also had to rub in the cream on my hands and feet. Once I was done, I could see an amazing natural, perfectly colored tan, and I was hooked. The only downside was that I felt really sticky. The next morning I woke up and my palms were orange. After rubbing my hands and feet, I forgot to wash my hands. I also saw that the top of my hands were all splotchy and my feet were super dark.

I think with a little practice, I could really get the hang of the perfect application, because the rest of me looked fab!!

Also, check out my friend Shannon's new blog, I'm Eating a Souffle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister loved this system as well, but decided it was too much for her wedding, because, "After all, my guests know that I am not Jennifer Lopez, so they might be confused if J-Lo was walking down the aisle."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...