4.06.2007

How many D's?


My wonderful company gave us the day off today for Good Friday, and it was the perfect oppurtunity for me to go dress shopping for my cousin's Bar Mitzvah next weekend. I knew my first stop had to be Nordstrom, and it worked out beautifully. I spotted a gorgeous turquoise chiffon number and went to try it on. The dress looked good, but my boobs were squashed. I figured I just needed the right bra, and the sales lady sent for the fitter from lingerie. After meausring me I was in for quite a shock. What I thought were 38D's turned out to be 34DD or 34DDD depending on the brand. That one really threw me. She went to get me some bras to try on, and they felt so different. She reminded me that they will break in after a few wears, and I think they will give me the support I need and the clean lines I desire. This definitly helped the dress fit better, and I also realized that I needed the straps taken up as well. Add to that the high-waisted Spanx power panties I bought to complement the dress and I did some serious damage on my gold card. **that's almost my dress. Mine is a tank, not halter, and there are two swaths of fabric draping from the center of the bust.

I also hit the 12 for $15 tart sale at yankee candle. I got country linen, clean breeze, 2 buttercreams, 2 tahitian tiare flower, vera cruz vanilla, vanilla oak, vanilla cupcake, white chocolate mint, home sweet home, and sand & surf. I also got an electric tart burner to help keep my home smelling yummy all day.

For dinner tonight I made Champagne Chicken from pg 174 of French Women Don't Get Fat. It was so juicy and delicious (i just sang fergilicious as my spell check on that one). I also made the cooked pairs, pg 114, but I found that I don't really like pears.

1 comment:

yummy411 said...

wow... its nothing like finding good bras that make you feel comfortable and confident.. welcome to d-d-darn club! lol.. cool finds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...