4.05.2007

Mascara Mishap


I was starting to run really late this morning, so I stopped doing my make-up half-way through, and grabbed my new smashbox red-carpet pallete (the freebie I blogged on last week) some lip gloss and ran. Once I got on the bus, I whipped out my make-up bag to finish the job, and while applying eye-liner, I realized that I had no mascara on me. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. If there is one thing I can't face the day without it is mascara. If my whole face was done, and the only thing I was missing was mascara, I couldn't deal. Anything else missing and I would be fine, but not my mascara. In my bout of depression, I just shoved my stuff back in my bag, and then dug out my prescription so I could get the opening hour of the CVS around the corner: 7am - we're back in business. So yes. straight from the metro, I headed for CVS. I picked up Maybelline Define-a-Lash Washable Mascara, because the bright green tube caught my eye, it claimed not to clump (i also did not have my comb) and it was on sale for $4.99. So it got the job done, but this mascara isn't so great. This was one of those new koosh-ball looking wands. The wand was so flexible my lashes were actually beating it away! It took some serious hand dexterity to get the brush to glide through my lashes. It didn't leave clumps, but it did bunch my lashes together, and the overall effect wasn't as bold as I normally wear. I like thickening mascaras and this isn't it. But for the price of a venti skim latte, I still got my morning fix.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of your sassiest, funniest posts in a long time!

Park Avenue Princess said...

Glad to know that those weird wands don't work - I have a standard mascara combination that I never deviate from (one coat of benefit Bad Gal, followed by one more coat of Bourjois extreme volume) but I keep thinking oh, those wands look cool, I wonder if it works... thanks for answering my question!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...