4.08.2007

My Signature Shade

I've finally found a signature shade that I would be happy to have on my nails all the time. What makes it even more unique to me is that I came up with my own combo of colors. I'm layering limo-scene over ballet slippers. The ballet slippers helps to neautralize my nail bed and give a base of pink for the limo-scene. Doing this helps the pink in the limo-scene really come through. I find that limo-scene on its own can get a but silvery-white. I really am pleased with the result these two polishes give and I engcourage you to mix your favorite shades to best complement you.

And for all those divorcées, Essie's new summer collection is called Starting Over and includes 3 red and 3 pinks. I think the 2 highlights of this collection are Starter Wife - a sheer pink (the one I most want to try), and Wife Goes On - a true red.









A reading list to go with these new shades:
The Debutante Divorcée by Plum Sykes
The Men I Did't Marry by Janice Kaplan and Lynn Schurnberger
The Starter Wife and Maneater by Gigi Levangie Grazer
The Right Address by Carrie Karasyov and Jill Kargman

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...