4.07.2007

Model Student


I wanted to tell you about this wonderful book I just read: Model Sudent by Robin Hazelwood

Hazelwood is a former model and Yale graduate, so one has to assume that part of this book is autobiographical even though it is fiction.

The book focuses on the modeling career of Emily Woods. Emily is a new model finding her way in 1988 Chicago. She's 18 and will be atteding Columbia University in the fall. The book follows Emily as she leaves Chicago for New York, finds a new agent, juggles classes, go-sees, and jobs, goes abroad, and is faced with many decisions that could make or break her career.

I'm not good at writing up books, but if you like Top Model, like to read, or simply are reading my blog, please go read this book, it was soooo good. Hazelwood made Emily so real, I couldn't stop reading to find out what happened next. I couldn't wait to finish it, but I also didn't want the book to end. I would love to see this get optioned and turned into a movie. Of course they would make the ending the Hollywood version, but I would be OK with that. Oh and I hope Ms. Hazelwood writes some more novels, she is an incredible author.

1 comment:

yummy411 said...

cool recommendation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...