4.20.2007

New Tubes


In my latest TestTube, I received a sample vial of Blinc Kiss Me Mascara, aka the tube mascara. This is the one that doesn't paint your lashes, it tubes them!! I don't love the look of this one. It is inky black, but my lashes didn't get all full and long like I love, and they also looked kind of hard. To take this mascara off, you just rub your eyes with warm water. And then, voila! you have stringy black things all over your face and hands. They are like body paint/peel-off face masks/peel off nail polish strands of black goo. Its not gross at all, just really funny. The best part is that you don't have any leftover mascara finding it's way to your towels or pillowcases, which is great, but it also doesn't migrate on your eyes, and therefore kills the whole bedroom eye look, which I adore.

So I will continue to use my little vial of peel-off mascara just for the fun factor of taking it off.

I also got my tube of Lola Ultimate Mascara, which got rave reviews on Meg's Makeup. I wanted to see how the product stood up on its own, and I am a little dissapointed. There was no WOW this morning. But let's take a step back here and remember that mascara doesn't make me happy unless it looks like I'm wearing falsies. I know someone is going to tell me to get DiorShow, which I have tried and do love, but let's also remember that I have trouble commiting to one product.

Back to the Lola, for those of you who don't have my extreme demands, I think this would be a great product. And next time I use it, I will wear primer underneath, and that my dear friends, will hopefully give me the over-the-top lashes I love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chanel Inimitable is great if you haven't given it a go-round yet! It goes on clump-free, lengthens, and is a nice true black.

The downside...it can migrate to the undereye area by the end of the day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...