5.03.2007

100th Post!!!

Let's take a moment to celebrate my 100th post. Unfortunately, it comes at a time when I seem to be in a blogging slump. I'm just not getting any inspiration for witty bits to tell you all about.

But there was Tues Night. Me and Kiks (yes that’s Kira, I am renaming her) did a double header. First we went to the Momzillas Book Party thrown by Miss BabsieD on your right (Blog Roll!). The Author, Jill Kargman, has also co-wrote The Right Address and Wolve in Chic Clothing. I' thrilled that I now have a signed copy of her latest.

But the most awing part of the night were the rest of the women in attendance. I felt so plain and poor! These were the women Kargman writes about in her book. Perfect hair, makeup, nails, etc. and the clothes!! Designer’s all around. We are talking things I have only seen in print before, now right before my eyes. And I have to say, even the less than pretty ones still looked amazing. Most notable, a Chanel Chiffon Dress.

Then as we are leaving the venue: the Ralph Lauren store in Chevy Chase, we are handed our goodie bags. And what does it hold? Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise fragrance! Oh, I also took home a linen cocktail napkin as a souvenir, don't tell.

Party Numero Duo was the Strange Hybrid Launch Event at the MAC Store in Georgetown. I was really drawn to Eye shadows in Rose Blanc and Seedlings, and both of the pigments. I took home Seedling, a great light smoky taupe, and Jardin Aires Pigment, a wonderfully sparkly golden color that just looks magical. I also got a brow pencil.::.at my latest brow wax, we discovered I have a hole.::. and a skin toned lip liner. I hate the look of a liner, but love the staying power.

I guess, since this is post #100, I should jam pack it with all kinds of beautiful goodness so here goes:

New purchases: Neutrogena Illuminating Microderm Cleansing Pads. A steal at $6.99 a box. I was expecting a $10+ price tag. You can really feel the exfoliation on these pads. My only complaint: a bit hard to keep on my fingers.

Boots Botanics Vitamin Recovery Mask: this is doing wonders to help heal my old pimples. It also stays creamy, so it’s great for wearing overnight.

I got my magnolia blossom perfume from B&BW for $5; holy bargain, batman!! I also picked up DL Vinyl Collection This Must Be Love and Fade to Black; haven't tried them yet. Also, Wexler Acne Spot Treatment, benzyl peroxide works so much better for me than salicylic acid.

Major Life-Changing Decision: I have taken off my fake nails, and am attempting to repair my nails and make them lovely. I'm doing this with the help of Rejuvacote, and when I start seeing results, we'll talk about them. I also used Essie It's In The Bag. This beautiful white with a hint of pink is a new fav.

And to round this post out: The Devil in the Junior League is one of the best books I have read this year. I am the total opposite of the main character, but I feel like I'm in her world and I want to be her. This is one of my must reads, and I am telling all my friends they have to read it.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading my blog, I’m thrilled that we made it this far. If you like what I have to say, offer me some encouragement to help me get back into my groove. I would love to have fresh posts for you everyday!

xx Heather

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, Heather! you can't stop writing, because i would miss reading it so! Where else would I go for all my juiciest beauty news?

Jessica said...

You are inspiring me to continue with my little blog. I never knew they could be so fun! You are awesome!

Park Avenue Princess said...

Rejuvacote is the best - I had fake nails forever, and when I took them off I've been using it ever since.. and now people think my real nails are fake they're so strong! And It's In the Bag is a great color - it also looks really cute over Fiji, which is what I sometimes use for a mani..

Heather Henderson said...

i have been using the rejuvacote for almost a month now. My nails are still really short, but all of the arcylic eaten bits are gone. How long did it take for you to get the final result?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...