5.25.2007

Toki no Smoki


Today's RtS choice was the Smashbox Tokidoki Eye Shadow Quad in Celebrita. I used the white shade all over, the grey on my lids, the purple in the crease, and the pink in the corners.

What made me buy this compact was the artwork. I loved the mix of girly and punk, little flowers with black eye smiley faces, and the glam girl with tattoos (like me!!) I also loved (more than the cover) the little make-up fairy on the mirror. She reminds me of some sanrio cups I had as a girl. I also loved the four colors in the quad.

But they are very low pigmented, and therefore a huge let-down. This compact should make for some serious smokey eyes, but no matter what I do I can't get enough POP!! Especially with the purple and pink shadows. Especially, especially the pink, which is the biggest let down of all. I always skip that shade in this compact, and reach for MAC Pink Freeze. If this was in any old compact, it would go into the "Give to my lil sis" bag, but I can't let go of the compact, its way too cute.

Today is also a very exciting day for me work-wise, because from Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend, our office has summer hours, which means we get to leave at 1 on fridays!!!! YEAY!!!! Ok, back to the grind.

1 comment:

yummy411 said...

wow really? did you switch up bases like a shadestick or use the color wet? i didn't get a chance to buy it.... this review makes me feel okay about it since the colors are standard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...