5.29.2007

Smashbox Freebies

Monday's and Today's RtS's were both Smashbox freebies. One from a Let's Do Lunch, and the other a spend $X get this free.

So Monday was Eye Shadow Single in Posh. This is lavender shade with grey undertones and an iridescent finish. It is a totally stand alone color, supplemented only by black liner and mascara. And it is not a goes with anything color. It would be much better for a night look, but since I don't really go anywhere at night, I make all my stuff work for day. So I wore this with my schmatas going to target, to give a little oomph to my other wise blah-tastic ensemble.

Today I used the Hollywood Premiere Color Compact, and I went for using the whole she-bang. The major Pro: Since I was running late, I did my base make-up (concealor, powder, liner, mascara) and hit the road. I used the compact to do all my color on the bus. The major Con: The colors pretty much suck. I used the highliter on my brow bone - didn't do much highlighting. Used the gold color on my lids - I like this one. Used the copper on my outer corners - too much red in it. Used the navy as a liner - I like. Used the blush - don't like. Fiddled with all three lip colors - disgusting. So is the gold shadow worth the compact?? Hell No!!!
To Kate it goes.

**picture is of the same style compact - different colors.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

who's Kate?

Heather Henderson said...

Kate is Ronnie's little sister.

Anonymous said...

I went on a smashbox kick a while back. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Heather Henderson said...

the photofinish is good, but that doesn't make the rest of the stuff good.

I also don't like the mascara at all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...