5.14.2007

The Home Front

You all know that I spend exorbitant amounts of $$$ on my beauty products. And this habit of mine has always been at the expense of my home.

You would think that trying to have a glamorous life includes having a glam home to be all glam in, right?? Well it does, but I'm having trouble making it a reality for myself.

But this weekend, I made some major progress.

#1 the big ticket big impact item(s): The hubs and I finally got nightstands!!! Previously I had been using a side table that was meant for our living room and he was using a plastic tote. Now we both have these awesome nightstands from target:

They have completely transformed our bedroom. Plus I know have a table in the living room to set my drinks on!!

#2 the little ticket but still big impact purchase: The farmers market near my house started on friday, and my main goal in going, (and for future weeks) was to get fresh flowers. I got these beautiful deep pink tulips because this was the last week they would be available this year. This also fueled my going to Ross to score some super cheap vases which I did: $3 for a bud vase, $4 for a small blue glass vase, and $10 for a large glass vase. I just love having fresh flowers in the house, esp. on my new nightstand!!

other things of note: I tried my new polish, Starter Wife, and it is just too sheer. It's one of those pinkish gloss things, and I really prefer pigment in my polishes. I think in a future order I'll try the other 2 pinks from the starting over collection.

I also got a blackberry this weekend. I am having tons of fun figuring out how to use it. Plus it works on the metro (goodbye sprint, hello verizon!!), which to me is the coolest part, second only to the fact that I can email!!

2 comments:

RVAfashionista said...

Verizon is seriously the best especially in the metro D.C. area!

Health Watch Center said...

I liked your flower selection..mmmm good choice...wow blackberry too! cool girl...

I am new here wanted to say hi...when you get sometime please do visit my beauty blog and let me know what you think about it...

HWC.
Skin Care Beauty Zone

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...