8.27.2006

The Great Eyelash Curler Hunt

When I began this journey, I didn't realize what it would turn into. In fact, I didn't think it would turn into anything. Back in the beginning of July, I bought the Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, the holy grail of all curlers. From now on, I would have perfect lashes, but wait, ow!, this thing pinches. There was no way this product couldn't live up to its reputation, so I gave it (and me) some time to see if our relationship would get better; it didn't. Every morning for over a month, I would struggle with it. Finally I gave up on it and realized it just wasn't meant to be.

Last weekend, I took it back to Sephora, and exchanged it for the Sephora brand curler. Lo and behold, Sephora models their curler on Shu Uemura, and I had the exact same problems. Will this ever end?? Will I ever find a decent curler??

When I was sixteen, I found an amazing one at Restoration Hardware for $2, I know, I know!! But they discontinued it :(

After the Shu and Sephora debacle, I realized that the shape of these professional curlers is just too big for my eyes. Mine are very round and these curlers are very broad. So I thought that if I got a drugstore brand it might have a smaller expanse. Last night I picked up the Revlon curler at Walmart. This one sucks worse than the others.

Today ended up with another visit to the mall, so I put the Sephora curler back in the box and into my purse. This time I went with the Tarte Picture Perfect curler, and you know what? I think it found it!! I have mascara on, so I couldn't fully test, but so far so good, I think I found my curler and its all pretty and purple.

If for some reason, problems arise, I'm saying eff-u to curlers and getting the Sephora Heated Eyelash Curler, pinch-free guaranteed :)

On a non-beauty note: My better half got the 60GB iPod today, which meant I got the barely used nano he got and quickly realized wasn't big enough for him. So I'm listening to the new Danity Kane CD .::.loving my girls from Making the Band 3.::. while my iPod sits in its pretty new purple Coach case :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...