3.11.2007

Weekend Update

I am so going to be all over the place in this post.

1. Shopping: I got my green Nine West's on friday. I also tried on the black croc's, but they didn't feel or look so great. I ended up getting my greens for 30% off because the suede was slightly different on each shoe. It was the last pair in my size, so the manager offered me 20% off, i waivered and then asked for 30, she did some math in her head, and said sure. So awesome. My order from jaqua also arrived. The Pina Coloda is so beachy, summery yummy. It is the perfect amount of pineapple and coconut, not too sweet that it makes you want to vomit. The pink champagne is extremely light, I can't pinpoint what it is, but I guess it will be good for when I don't really want a strong scent. Also while out shopping, I saw the cutest pair of jeans. The button on front had a fluer de lis on it, and the back pockets had 3/4 of a fluer de lis patched on. Sadly, the stock only went up to a size 8, so i totally missed out. I cannot keep missing out on cute clothes because they don't have my size, so see #3.

2. Activities: We went to the Wine and Food Festival hosted by the Washington Post, and it sucked. The event was beyond crowded, you seriously couldn't move. We bailed after about 1/2 hour of trying to fight through the crowds. Lesson learned: don't waste your money if the Washington Post is hosting, since there is no such thing as the tickets selling out. $130 down the drain. Today I got a pedicure with Marshmallow, such a great white, if only I had a tan to go with it. I shaved my legs before I went, because it is so gross to have the girls touching you with 5-day stubble. But the shaving combined with the scrubs led to some minor razor burn. Note to self: remember to shave the day before a pedicure.

3. In three weeks I am becoming French. Kinda. I started reading French Women Don't Get Fat. The first stage of the program is to write down everything you eat; how much, when and where. No dieting, just monitoring. Then at the end of the three weeks you have Magical Leek Soup for Saturday and Sunday, but on Sunday you eat a real dinner. This "soup" is really just leek broth, and then for meals you eat the leeks. I guess this is the French version of a detox. After that, well I haven't read that far. I don't want to get ahead of myself and psych myself out, so I am only going to read each phase as I get there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather - love your blog! I just wanted to let you know I tried the "magic leek broth" and it was seriously deadly. It was so gross that instead of eating the leeks and drinking the broth, I just kind of ended up eating nothing. Not good though because I almost passed out by Sunday afternoon! After that disaster I did a little bit of "detox" research and found that apples and cucmbers have strong detoxifying properties. So I tried again with the leek broth, but also muched on apples and cucumbers. It went so much better! Just wanted to let you know my experiences with "becoming french" - hopefully you'll have a stronger stomach than I do and will be able to pull off the leeks - but if not try the apples and cucumbers! Good luck!!

Heather Henderson said...

thanks for the advice. I still want to try the leek soup. If I can't deal I will put it off til the following weekend and do the mimosa soup that is in the book next to it. This soup ends up being a creamy soup made with potatoes, carrots, and some other good veggies, so I know that I will like that one.

Anonymous said...

Ohh - that one sounds so much better! I forgot to add that all my complaining aside, I did lose a couple of pounds and it really helped me stick to healthier eating after the weekend was over. I haven't been able to totally embrance the French way of eating, but I'm getting better. I'll be rooting for you!
~S

Heather Henderson said...

thank you for the encouragement!! I plan on posting all of my progress.

Park Avenue Princess said...

I loved that book! Too bad I'm definitely more the type of person who will read something like that and be like "ok, this sounds good, I'm going to start this tomorrow!" and then I go out and have a cheeseburger and a milkshake... lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...