6.16.2007

Fantastic Shadow


For RtS today I used Bobbi Brown Champagne Shimmer Wash. I acquired this shadow by mistake. My step mom always has all kinds of cool expensive make-up and whenever I go home, I can't resist taking a peek in her bathroom. I never know what new products I'll find that I want. Latest example - Chanel Glossimer in Seashell. It was also because of her that I got Satinette.

Back to the eyeshadow. About two years ago, I was checking out hers and I dropped and smashed it on the tile. Since she was gone for the day, hubbie and I went to the mall to buy a new one, so that when I told her she couldn't be pissed off.

Turns out that she had two, and she was so surprised I actually trekked to the mall to get a new one, she told me to keep it. Hence, the story of how I got my first piece of Bobbi.

For today's look I was inspired by Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four (we saw it last night). She had some pretty awesome Invisible Woman eye make-up going on, added to the insanely blue contacts she was sporting. Her look was lots of black liner and mascara, super creamy champagne colored shadow, and really cool blue liner/shadow on the outer corners.

So to give my self a bit of this look, I used my mark. starliner in Strobelight. The color is a sparkly, purpley blue, very fitting with the name. It's definitely not as intense as Alba's, but it's perfect to add a little something to a day look.

Big News To Report:
Miracle of Miracles, my manicure lasted a full week!! The rejuvacote has made my nails so healthy I can't believe it!! The nail girl used *I think*, Creative Nail Sticky base coat and Seche Vite top coat which I know added to the longevity of my manicure. I am just so thrilled that I finally have nails I can admire. Thank you so much Julia!! Your advice saved my nails life.

I also did some shopping today. While hubbie went to Best Buy, I made my first trip into Ulta. I'd been to one years and years ago, but haven't gone since then. It's pretty amazing how well they cover every area of beauty. I get pretty overwhelmed in those mega-stores because I just want everything. I usually end up buying very little. I picked up the store's brand of lavender hand cream (my new favorite scent), Bourjois 3D Cosmic Lip Gloss in Rose Charismatic - a really sparkly light pink (such a weakness for me), and while on the check-out line I spotted John Frieda's Curl Around Shampoo, Conditioner, and Dream Curls Spray in a set for only $10. I love these products, as well as the Straight Ahead line. Nothing makes my hair straighter or curlier than these two products. I try new shampoos in between, but I always go back to using these because they really make my hair look its best. I am making this my Summer Must-Have #2 - whether you want to go straight or curly, these will keep the frizzies away.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...